Tuesday 3 March 2015

This is only a test

Hello everyone! I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I also haven't traveled in awhile! After posting some pictures from Bluffer's Park I thought that I could get in the habit of using this blog to share some photos, but it's been so miserably cold here in Toronto that my camera hasn't got a whole lot of use.
I'm here to do a quick test of a Blogger feature that I haven't made use of in quite awhile. I'm able to set up a super-secret email address for this blog which, when it receives an email, will make a blog post. With any luck the subject line of this e-mail will appear as the title of a blog post, with everything I'm typing now appearing as the body. This is particularly important since Euphy and I will be traveling to China in less than two weeks. Long-time readers may remember that Blogger, as a subsidiary of Google, cannot be accessed from China. I'm hoping that I can use this method to blog during our trip by simply logging in to my Hotmail account (hopefully) and sending emails to my blog.

This is, unfortunately my second test of the evening.  I tried to embed a picture of Daisy in here and was told that I'd exceeded the allowable size of an email to be used as a blog post.  With any luck you'll all see THIS email, but it does mean that I won't be able to share photos while I'm in China.  Fortunately we'll be heading to Japan for the last few days of the trip, so if I'm able to get some reliable WiFi (not expecting that to be an issue in the Land of the Rising Sun) I'll be able to do a photo round-up before the vacation even ends.
I've been getting in the habit of posting to Facebook when I make a blog post, but that will also be impossible from behind the Great Firewall of China. As such you'll just have to check in here on occasion between March 14th and the 30th to see if I've had any success. Speaking of seeing if I've had success, I think I'll send this e-mail now and see where it gets me. Have a good evening everyone!

1 comment:

Colin Young said...

Okay, the white-on-black was not intentional. I may have to play with that a bit...