Tuesday 24 March 2015

Oh Em Gee Photos!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, I'm back in action.  I was able to get on a Facebook chat with my mom and have her read me the verification code from my phone, thus enabling to log in with my Google account.  For the first time on this vacation I'm composing a blog on Blogger's own site instead of via email.  What this means for you, intrepid readers, is that I can finally sate your burning desire for photos.

Now, it's been a long day (more on that later) and one completely devoid of photos.  As such, I'm going to do two posts today.  First, since you've all been so patient, I'm going to put some photos up.  Then I'll make a separate post for today's events.  As I haven't really had the time to do an in-depth review of my (many) photos, this will be a mostly random selection.  I've got a few specific venues that I'd like to revisit in their own dedicated posts, but I'll have to work those in as time allows.  For now:

I have over 700 photos from the China portion of this trip, and this is representative of a fair number of them.  We spent a lot of time just catching up with family, and I love photos like this that show Euphy spending some happy, quality time.  This is her and Mindy with their Nai Nai (paternal grandmother.)

I'd mentioned the construction of this opera house in a previous post.  Looking forward to seeing in completed, but for now it makes for a ghostly picture.

I'd boasted about the Las Vegas levels of a grandeur displayed in the Chimelong hotel that we visited, and just thought I should back that up.

Same place from the outside.

This is Ocean Kingdom, the aquatic theme park that we visited.  That model of a whale shark is very, very far away from where I was standing to take this photo.

An image of the worlds largest piece of acrylic.  Also some fish.

I loved this!  This is at Ocean Kingdom again, in the Manatee tank.  These guys in scuba gear were just wandering around with brooms tidying the place up.  I saw one giving a little scrub to a manatee as well.

This is a restaurant.  The food is prepared somewhere in that building in the background.

I just thought this was pretty.

This little garden was on the roof of our hotel.  It was a pretty spot to just sit and relax.

This is part of the Summer Palace.  That building is where Euphy and I got into costume for some of our wedding photos.

A shot from within the Summer Palace.

Euphy and her friends.  All participants in this photo have drank a lot of tea.

Our lovely room at the Venetian last night.  It was very pretty in there, but they embedded a light in the stairs which I couldn't figure out how to turn off.  I think it was meant as a night light to prevent you tripping in the dark, but I find even a little bit of light very bothersome when I'm trying to sleep.

I thought Jay in particular would get a kick out of this.  This leather box, as the decoration would imply, contain only a small coil of CAT-5 networking cable.  I'm familiar with opulence, but I'm not entirely sure what this is...

I'm not entirely clear on what this is.  Object d'art perhaps, or maybe it serves some other purpose.  Either way, that's as close as I got since it was in the centre of a roundabout, and I didn't feel like running into traffic just to get a close look.

When in Macao, take pictures of birds.

You all know by now how much I love playing with long exposures, so this offering should come as no surprise.  I was pretty happy with the results.

Lastly, here's a random shot of Euphy by the canals in the Venetian.  I just really liked this one.

There you have it folks!  Some random images from my vacation.  I'm going to get right to work on recapping today in a separate post, so I'll talk to you all again very, very soon.

3 comments:

Jabbles said...

Nice pics, now to start preparing myself for what is sure to be a 4 figure slideshow.

Didn't you call someone about the lighting? That's the whole point of swanky hotels is the service.

Grammie said...

Nice photos!I want to see them ALL.Perhaps this summer, right!

Colin Young said...

Yeah, I really should have just had some hired help stand in front of the offending light.

By the time I'm done with Japan the collection of photos in this trip will likely not be viewable in a single sitting. I'll be happy to bring them up your way this summer though!