Wednesday 3 October 2012

Ready to Go

Your intrepid heroes are reporting live from Toronto's Pearson International Airport!  We're an hour out from our scheduled departure, and since I've got no idea at all if I'll be able to blog from this point forward I thought that I should check in.  At this point there's not a whole lot to say other than the fact that I'm very excited, and pretty tired.  This old guy isn't very used to staying up until 1 a.m. anymore.  Of course time is about to lose a lot of it's meaning for me since it will technically be Thursday by the time we touch down in Hong Kong.  I'm fairly certain that completely skipping Wednesday is going to have an adverse affect on my sense of time.  I can usually adapt fairly well to jetlag, but I'm preparing for a rough ride this time.  I'm just hoping that I can bounce back enough to be semi-functional by Friday when we start touring around.

A friend on Facebook suggested an application for managing proxies which I could use to access Facebook and Blogspot while in China.  Unfortunately the installation instructions were all in Chinese, so I was having a tough time figuring out what I needed to do.  Also, I think they were written by programmers, which never helps.  I'm still holding out hope that I'll be able to keep this blog going for the duration of our trip though.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty sleepy at the moment, so I'm going to sign off and get ready to board.  I hope you're all doing great, and I'll see you in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Jabbles said...

Chinese instructions, isn't your travel partner fluent?

Jabbles said...

Chinese instructions, isn't your travel partner fluent?