Monday 8 October 2012

Quick Update

Euphy just informed me that I made a spelling mistake in the name of the city we were visiting yesterday.  What I called Chengdu, is actually Chengde.  My Chengdu is actually a city in Shichaun.  My apologies to the residents of Chengde for the confusion.  Now I have to go rename my photos...

Also, Euphy was able to work with the Chinese name of that bird I like so much and determine that it's a Eurasian Magpie.  According to Wikipedia they are considered not just the smartest of all birds, but apparently they rank amongst the most intelligent of all animals!  I just think they're pretty.  Also, Magpies are an incredibly famous species, and really very common, so the fact that I didn't recognize one on sight just underscores how little I know about birds.

Okay, time to moving this morning.  Off to the Great Wall!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm not sure that counts as a spelling mistake... I've got you on that spelling pedestal.

Jabbles said...

Typical male, only cares about looks not brains.