Wednesday 28 April 2010

What's That In The Sky?

It's the sun!  Woohoo!

For the first time this whole vacation we've had a full day of beautiful weather.  I can finally post some pictures of this beautiful village without them all being dreary and overcast.  So, without further ado:
































That's our cabin!















I think that may be one of the more original cabins.  Pretty cool, but I'm happy to be in something slightly more modern.





















































That's the fireplace in the main lodge building.  It's pretty crowded in here right now, so I'm sitting right beside the potted evergreen in the left of this photo as I type this.















And how do you like THAT Mini?  What a cool car.  This place is really filling up today.  Everywhere you look now there are 30 Minis in your field of vision.  The village is starting to get pretty loud as turbo-charged Minis rip around.  It's making for a really interesting environment.  As cool as it is to see all those cars together though, I was happy to get out of the village and into the woods.  Jay and I took a short hike around one of the nearby trails which turned out to be really nice.  Here's a few choice pics of that little jaunt:













































A lot of landscape reminded me of Northern Ontario, except of course in that last shot... I don't remember any giant dams near Killarney.  Jay and I had visited Fontana Dam yesterday, but it was a bit dreary, so I went back again tonight with Gray and Susan so that we could all see it in the sunlight.




























I think those photos do the region far more justice than my previous, cloudy attempts.

I'd really like to write in a little more detail rather than just letting my photos speak for themselves.  However, as I previously mentioned, it's a bit crowded in here, and so I'm sitting beside the fireplace and twisted in a bit of an uncomfortable position in order to type this.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a table tomorrow so that I can write without concern for the wellbeing of my spine.

I hope this finds you all well.  I'll check in again tomorrow.

No comments: