Friday 30 April 2010

Final Post From Fontana

Good evening everyone.  It's Friday night and I'm getting ready to wrap up my visit to Fontana.  Tomorrow morning we'll be getting up early and heading out.  The weather forecast for tomorrow is grim all across the Eastern United States, and into Ontario, and it looks like we'll be dealing with unpleasant weather for the trip home.  It's unfortunate, but unavoidable.

It was a calm day today, and in the end we didn't really get up to much.  We did make a drive into Robbinsville with some of the drivers from Kentucky to get Mexican food for lunch, which was a lot of fun.  This evening we also participated in the annual Brew Swap, an event hosted by Jay's friends from Detroit Tuned.  The concept is that you bring local beers from wherever you live, and then everyone trades so that you can try beers from all over the country.  It's a great concept, and if I lived in the U.S. I'd probably have brought a case of 24 to trade.  As it is I don't feel like bringing beer back with me, and I have to drive tomorrow so there's only so much I can drink tonight, so I didn't really get the full Brew Swap Experience.  Too bad they don't hold it earlier in the week.  It was still fun to get out there and see what everyone brought.

Well, I'm going to wrap this up now.  Jay is staying on an extra day, which means it's just Gray and I to swap off driving the whole way home, and it should be a long drive for us both.  I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight and wake up rested and ready to roll tomorrow.  Don't expect any word from us tomorrow unless I manage to squeeze out a mobile posting from the road, but I'll try to post some final thoughts on the trip either Sunday or Monday.

2 comments:

Aunt J. said...

As I type this (Sat. 9:30 am Pacific) you are already well underway home so hope you have a safe and uneventful trip.
Given your positive blog notes does this mean you might make the trip again next yr.?

Jabbles said...

I am back to commenting.
I sure had a great time, and it seems as you did too. I will certainly be returning with all the MINI's but as I had already mentioned it would be nice to make it down for a more nature focused trip, I really want to get out onto that water. I will be uploading all my pictures soon and putting together my MOTD blog report.