Saturday 8 September 2018

About These Timezones

Hey folks, how are we all doing today?  I hope you're all well.  I'm going to make this a short one today since I'm feeling pretty beat, and I'd like to get to bed.  As I start this it's only 9:45 local time, but going from Yellowknife to Whitehorse I've gone back another hour, so it's feeling later than the clock would let on.  Also, there's not a lot to tell as it was primarily a travel day today.  Suffice it to say that we're safely in Whitehorse and things are looking good.  We're at a lovely place that Gray found on AirBnB, and I'm happy to report that the internet speeds are more what I'm accustomed to, so I should be all out of excuses for the posting of photos now.

That said, I think I owe you fine people some catch-up photos from yesterday, so let's see what I've got for you.


The trail between the Heritage Centre and the Legislature.  All those paving stones made me cocky and I opted to just take Finn's stroller instead of the backpack I've got to carry him around in.  It didn't take long for things to get rocky and the stroller to bring an early stop that hike.


Just, you know, some absolutely stunning shoreline.  The kind of thing you often find in the heart of a city.


Looking back towards the legislative building.  Again, imagine this existing behind Queen's Park.


A panorama (thanks again Google) from the farthest point that we got before I realised that I'd brought the wrong transportation for Finn.


Out in front of city hall.


I just really liked how this shot of the ducks turned out.


Got lucky and snagged a shot of a really nice dragonfly.  He didn't stop flying for long, so I was happy to get the shot.


Our raven friend, who clearly asked for his picture to be taken.

So, we did manage to get a little bit more tourism in before we had to leave Yellowknife today.  We made a quick run out to an area called Tin Can Hill to take in as much of the trail system as we had time for.  We started at an access point near Rat Lake (lovely, thanks) but we didn't get very far due to a combination of a wrong turn right up front, and the fact that a lot of the trail was quite muddy, and we were trying out best to stay clean.  Still, we managed to get up to a high point in the land and admire one last sweeping vista before heading to the airport.


The start of the trail at Rat Lake, the lake so nice, they named it after a rodent.


From a nice lookout we found before turning around.


I took a few photos from that excellent vantage point and just before leaving I looked down to see this geological survey marker right at my feet.


I haven't taken many photos in Whitehorse yet, but there's a lovely trail just behind the place we're staying and I took this shot of the forest.

That's it for now, it's time for me to call it a night.  With only an hour difference I should have adjusted by tomorrow, and with any luck I'll have much more to tell you about.  Until then, be well.

3 comments:

Jabbles said...

Yes time zones can be a pain in the butt. Sounds like you aren't letting it get to you too much.

Unknown said...

Love your writings makes for entertaining read. Your pictures are so beautiful.

Debbie said...

Glad you are taking us along on your journey!