Saturday 17 January 2015

Photo Round-up - Night Sky Edition

Howdy folks!  I realize that I'm way overdue for a recap of my photos from Whitehorse, but I'm hoping that "better late than never" still applies.

Blogging with photos turned out to be more difficult than I'd anticipated while in the Yukon, due entirely to my poor choice of equipment.  Unfortunately I'm also terribly lazy, so once I got back to Toronto I didn't jump right on the computer and get some photos posted here.  My apologies.  It's time to get caught up now.  I've got quite a few pictures I'd like to show you, so I'm going to break this up into two posts.  This first one will focus entirely on the night sky photos that I took.  I absolutely love taking night sky photos, which is a terrible choice of hobby for someone who lives in the city.  Still, it was such a treat getting up to the Yukon to get some shots.  We were extremely lucky to have both clear skies and active Aurora while we were up there, and so I got some photos that I'm really pleased with.  The bulk of these are coming from our first three nights while we were staying at the Sundog Retreat, but the last two are from our one night at the Boreale Mountain Biking Lodge.  Since they don't really need any explaining, here you go:











No comments: