Wednesday 19 August 2009

I LIVE! AGAIN!

Wow, two posts in one day from the guy normally can't manage two in one month. I'm doing pretty good here!


I just thought that you might all be interested to know that I've fixed my computer problems. Woohoo! Turned out to be simpler than I thought too. While the main unit for my plug converter only accepts non-grounded plugs, all it's doing is transforming the 220V to 110V. It's just a block, and you attach various plugs to it depending on what part of the world you're in. Well, those little attachments can be attached directly to a plug if you want, and it turns out that the AC adapter for my computer can handle the full 100-220V range. So I had the right equipment all along, I just didn't realize it! I find it mildly disturbing just how much that's lifted my mood. Do we have a computer geek in the room?


I also attribute my uplifted spirits to a good dinner that I had a couple hours ago. Sadly I just haven't been hungry at all and was only able to eat a fraction of my meal, but I think the calorie intake has given me the energy I was so sorely lacking. I had a traditional Icelandic dish who's name escapes me at the moment, but it was basically fish and potato cooked down till it was very nearly a stew, placed in a shallow dish, covered with cheese, and baked. Needless to say, it was pretty awesome. Hopefully a good night's sleep tonight will adjust my body to this timezone and restore my appetite.


If you're wondering why I felt the need to share all of this immediately instead of appending it to tomorrow's post, well, for one thing I was pretty happy about the working computer. Also, I don't have anywhere particularly comfortable to sit and work on my computer in my hotel room, so coming out here to a cafe gave me the opportunity to sort my photos in a more comfortable environment. Primarily though, it's now only 8:10, and I've been at this for a bit. If I'd stuck around my hotel I'd have inevitably ended up trying to sleep, and probably failing. While I would love a good 12 hour nap right about now, I don't want to risk getting up at 3:00 A.M. and not being able to get back to sleep. I've got to get up at 7:00 to get breakfast before my dives, so I want to give myself the best chance of getting a decent night's sleep. I'm hoping that by 9:00 it will at least start to get dusky and I can have a reasonable chance of getting a full night's sleep. Wish me luck.


Well, I was going to post some photos from today, but Blogger is cracking up on me here, so I'm going to publish this before I lose it completely. Thanks for putting up with my rambling today.

3 comments:

Jabbles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jabbles said...

Dinner sounds like it would be tasty. Have a good night. I can't wait to see the pics.

Unknown said...

Arg! Now you've eaten something that I haven't and I have to catch up by eating some rocks.