Sunday 19 June 2011

Camping Prep

Good evening all, and Happy Father's Day to all those of you for whom that is applicable.  I know I was going to try to write on Sunday afternoons, but I suppose it's better late than never.

We're less than two weeks out from our Canada Day camping trip and things are starting to come together.  I'm taking a much more hands-on role in the preparation this time... can't count on Dad to just provide me with a list of everything I need.  Of course, he's helped out with that; I just called him today and he reminded me of a few things that I would have forgotten about.  It's funny how easy it is to forget something as simple as a camp chair, and it's also funny how big an impact that could have on your comfort at camp.  In the end though this is a pretty stress-free camping prep since we're not going into the deep woods.  Knowing that we'll have a vehicle handy for quick supply runs is pretty comforting.

It looks like we'll be getting an addition to our camping crew as well.  Euphemia's friend Bing has expressed an interest in joining us, and since we've got a reservation for six people and only three of us scheduled to go it was no problem.  Now we are four.  The closer it gets to Canada Day the more excited I'm getting!  This should be an easy, relaxing camp and I'm really looking forward to it.

In totally unrelated news I've purchased a new motorcycle!  I went out today to visit my friend Mike and took his Kawasaki ZZR600 for a test drive.  That was, without question, the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle!  I've really enjoyed my little CBR125, but the bigger bike was a whole different world.  There was way more power on tap than I needed, but it was very comforting to know that the power was there when I needed it.  We toured around for a couple hours and at the end of our run I made the purchase.  Mike's going to hang on to the bike for me while I sell my current one and then I'll try to get some pictures up.

Well, that's all for now folks.  I've got one more post to go up before the camp, so I'll provide details then.  See you all next Sunday.

1 comment:

Jabbles said...

I am actually getting pretty pumped about out little camping trip. Not only for the camping itself but the chance to meet some new friends.
As I told you last night I will be preparing a simple meal in advance. I am undecided at this point as to what it will be. I give you my word that it will be much better that anything freeze dried.