Tuesday 22 February 2011

A New Hope

Well ladies and gents, it's just about time for me to start my new job!  It's an exciting prospect; this is the first time I've changed jobs since I finished college.  I hadn't really been thinking of a topic for this week since I wasn't sure how my schedule was going to play out, but it's looking like I shouldn't have any difficulties continuing with my usual Tuesday morning posts.  I think I'll actually double-up on the blogging this week and write to you again tonight to let you all know how my first day at the new job goes.

Unfortunately I'm looking at less free time during the course of a usual day because a lot more of my time is going to be spent commuting.  I'm looking at something in the area of a 45 minute subway ride to and from work.  So I'm getting up an hour and a half earlier than I usually do, but I imagine I'll be getting home from work around the same time I always did.  I'll just roll with that for now, but in the coming months I think I'll have to start looking at making a move closer to the downtown core.  I don't think I'll be getting anything right in the heart of downtown, but something a little closer to work wouldn't hurt my feelings.

In completely unrelated news, if you're a Rammstein fan and you don't read Jay's blog over at http://jabbles.blogspot.com/ I highly recommend that you go check out his latest post.  Looks like they're coming to Toronto and I aim to be there.

For now I'd better wrap this up and get ready to roll out.  Like I said before, I'll make this a two-parter and update you all on my first day when I get home tonight.  The blog postings should continue their usual Tuesday routine uninterrupted by my change of employers!  Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Jabbles said...

I was actually wondering if you would be doing a morning post. They really need to get wifi on the subway, you could sleep in a bit.

Yeah I still need to get my on call weekend covered for that Rammstein concert, I already have my phone programmed to remind me to buy tickets.

Enjoy the new job and good luck.i