Tuesday 22 February 2011

Day 1

As promised, here's the follow-up to this morning's post.  I had a good first day at work, a little nervous, but still good.  It was very strange being the new kid on the block after being the longest-serving developer for a long time at my previous job.  It's also an entirely different environment there.  It's just a big office full of hardcore developers, and it's all about the software.  I felt a bit out of place trying to get used to completely unfamiliar tools on the fly.  Still, everyone I met was really nice, and they've already got me started on an interesting project.

The commute, as expected, was a bit of a drag just in the sense that it really eats in to my day.  Still, as a process taking the subway is pretty comfortable, so no worries there.  Being downtown has it's perks too... chief amongst those being a wealth of restaurants to choose from when lunchtime rolls around.  My inaugural lunch was at Khao San Road, a Thai place just up the road from the office.  Mmmmm... Thai food.  I've still got Smoke's Poutinerie and Burrito Boys in my sights.  Both of those establishments are in the same building as my office, so that shouldn't really be a problem.  Burrito Boys was top of the list for today, but we headed out for lunch around 12:05, which is far too late to be going to Burrito Boys.  We'll head out a bit earlier some other time this week.

Well, I think I've given my dinner enough time to settle, it's time for me to get into my evening workout.  I hope you're all doing well and I'll talk to you next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Jabbles said...

Glad to hear it went well for you. Too bad lane splitting is dangerous and illegal that would be a fun way to blast down the DVP to work.