Tuesday 7 September 2010

Pre-Flight Check

Okay, seriously, if anyone doesn't know what's on my mind right now they don't know me very well at all.  IT'S TRAVEL TIME!  WOO!

I'm heading in to work today because I was too dim to just take today off work.  I'm sure it will be a waste of a day too, my focus on all things computer programming will not be at it's peak, I can assure you.  When I get home it's time to pack, which usually doesn't take me too long.  Now I know some of you probably think I'm completely out of my mind for not having been packed a week ago, but that's just not my style.  I always pack the night before.  I know exactly what I need... I keep a mental checklist of things that need to get packed, and frankly that list doesn't change too much from trip to trip.  Clothes, toiletries, netbook, e-book reader (new to the list,) camera, phone, headphones, batteries and chargers for all the electronics.  That's about it.

I'm a bit tired today, but I think that will prove beneficial; I'll have to be up around 3:30 tomorrow morning, so the earlier I get to bed tonight the better.  My flight is at 7:30, so I'm going to want to be at the airport around 4:30.  Blah.  Even though my first flight is domestic, I'm still treating it as an international flight since I'll be catching a connecting flight to the US, and it's unclear to me whether I'll have to go through US security in Toronto or Vancouver.  I want to leave myself the extra time, just in case.  I'm going to try that online check-in thing tonight, we'll see how that goes for me.  I've never done it before, but it looks like it could be a major convenience.  When Gray and I went to the Dominican Republic the line to check in was massive, but the line for people who had done the online check-in was incredibly short.  It would have been a major time-saver on that trip.

I may, if so inclined, fire off a few mobile posts from my phone as I go along.  Odds are I won't have much to say other than a lengthy treatise on the colour of airport walls, but we'll see.  Even with an hour to get out of the airport, and another half hour to get to my hotel and get checked in it will still probably only be about 4:00 local time in Portland by the time I'm all settled in, so I'll try to get a proper post up at that point to let you all know that I made it.  Until then, have a great day and I'll talk to you all soon.

5 comments:

Corey Blosser said...

If your first flight is domestic - try to Check-In now.. you can check-in 24 hours in advance, that's how I always get a window seat near the front.. it's almost to the point now where if you don't check-in online, you'll get the last remnants of miserable seats..

Jabbles said...

I know what you mean about the packing in advance, I just can't do it. I should make a proper list though as my mental lists tend to have items missing but I still see no point in packing a week in advance for a simple trip, an trek through the rain forest maybe.
Have fun.

Jabbles said...

About the pre packing, looks like your mental list must have gotten smudged, I am looking at your e-reader right now.

Colin Young said...

Actually, I imagine you are looking at Graydyn's e-reader, as I spent a significant amount of time using mine on the way here. :)

Jabbles said...

I just inquired, what I was looking at was your little menu screen for your computer.