Tuesday 8 June 2010

This Is How I Roll

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I hope today finds you all well.  As requested I've got some pictures of my new truck.  I've been driving it for a week now, and I'm loving it.  It's a GMC Canyon SLE with the extended cab.  The extended cab gives a couple of small seats in the back, though they really aren't meant for long trips.  Gray, Susan, and I went back to Petrolia this past weekend, and I did about 2/3 of the return voyage in the back seat... not so comfortable.  Oh well, at least they are there for when you need them.  What made that trip really nice was the cruise control.  I've never had that on any of my vehicles before and it's a real luxury for long highway drives.  I'm still getting used to the size of the beast, but it's starting to feel a little more comfortable to me now.

I've got a ramp for the flatbed, so now I just need some quality tie-down straps and I'll be able to load my bike in the back and take it with me on long trips.  I'll have Gray video me making my first attempt at loading the bike so that when I screw up and end up on my back with a bike on top of me at least I'll be YouTube-famous.

So, without further ado, here's some pics of the new truck, and a few nice shots of my bike that Dad took a few weeks ago.















This is one of my favorites.  I've never bought a new car/truck before, so 9km on the odometer was pretty exciting for me.




























































That's all I've got of the truck so far.  I'll have to get Dad to take some more pictures with his nicer camera.  These were all taken in the service centre of the dealership, so the lighting wasn't great, and I didn't have a lot of room to maneuver.

Okay, here's the bike:

































I really like these next two because they show that the whole driveway is full of Hondas:















And a kayak!















If anyone is taking a really close look and wondering why I've got something orange in my ear, I always wear earplugs for long trips to cut down the wind noise and I'd already put them in when Dad started taking photos.

Well, I have to get into work early today, so I'd better run.  Enjoy the photos everyone, and have a great week.

4 comments:

Jabbles said...

Happy for you on the new vehicle. I am sure you will enjoy it. You will also enjoy it when both you and Graydyn need a vehicle and you have the power to say NO.
Not sure if I can post a pic here but here is a link to a picture I took Saturday. Colin taking a break from the gravel hauling http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq332/Jabbles_album/Random_pics/2010_0605002.jpg

Aunt J. said...

Nice truck. You're gonna have a tough time keeping that white clean (typical woman statement).

J - found the one of Col in your Random pics. He's scowling so not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Jabbles said...

We were helping Dan move some gravel from the driveway to the backyard. As far as I know he was just hot and tired, not angry.

Colin Young said...

LOL! Yeah, not my most flattering pose is it? It was pretty hot out at that point, and I was too cooked to manage a smile, let alone good posture. :)

As for the truck thing, Gray and I very rarely run into situations where we both want the vehicle as the same time, I'm not really concerned about whether or not it's "my" truck or "his" car. It's just nice to have a new vehicle for us both, and one with the utility to haul my bike around.