Friday 4 September 2009

Montreal: Ready To Go

Hi everyone! It's Friday morning and I'm just taking a moment to write this before I head to work. I'm all packed up and as soon as work is finished I'll be making a quick dash home, grabbing my luggage, and jumping on the subway down to the airport. After a mere one hour on the plane I'll be in Montreal! I'm really liking the sound of this short trip.

To confirm, my laptop is indeed dead. I'll still do my best to get a post or two out this weekend, but the pictures will have to wait until next week, probably Tuesday. With my machine in the shop for the third time (with the same symptoms) and having very little life left in its battery I was VERY tempted to just get myself a new laptop. Unfortunately the more I researched the new line of netbooks that are out right now the pickier I got. I've figured out what machine I was (Asus Eee PC 1005HA-P) but wasn't able to procure one in time for this trip. Having missed the mark for my Montreal trip I've just put a hold of any computer shopping for now. If it's even three months before I need a laptop again the entire face of what's available to the consumer will have drastically changed and I'll have to re-educate myself on what's out there.

Okay, I have to keep this brief, so I'm signing off now. Remember to check in this weekend as I will hopefully be able to find internet access somewhere along the line. Failing that I will get all my thoughts up in one massive post on Tuesday. Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Aunt J. said...

I've obviously missed the intent so what's the reason for going to Montreal this w/e?

Jabbles said...

Food we were pretty much there for the food. It was a successful mission.