Friday 3 August 2007

A Quick Status Update

Hi everyone! It's currently 9:45am in Tomakomai, and I'm checking out in 10min. From here we are going to Aomori for the Nebuta Festival. It's the biggest Matsuri in all of Japan, so we couldn't miss it... despite the fact that even with advance notice we were unable to secure a room in Aomori. So it was decided that, being the hardy adventurers that we are, we would attend the festival and worry about the consequences later. As such I will probably be sleeping in an alley somewhere tonight, and while even the alleys in Japan have pretty good internet access, I may not have a chance to make a post. We'll be in Narita tomorrow, spending the night there and then jumping on a plane at noon the next day. Hard to say if I'll get on before then.

My posts have been infrequent, and sometimes rushed, so keep your eyes peeled for some more detailed stories, even after I've returned home. Sayonara for now guys... wish us luck!

No comments: