Friday 26 September 2014

Photos!

Hi again everyone.  I figured out how to resize images on the tablet, so I've got some photos shrunk down for easy upload.  Given that I'm in a very remote location this still might not go according to plan, but here goes nothing...


Photos!  Woo!  Okay, this one is the Canadian History Museum.


The subtle design of our Parliament building interior.


Found this lovely spot just wandering around Ottawa.


Parliament buildings at sunset.


A view of the river while crossing back to Gatineau.


My close, personal friend Mr. Fox.


The mornings have been slightly cool.


The mighty Yukon river as seen from downtown Whitehorse.  You can't really tell from a still photo, but the current is fierce.  It'd be a pretty easy trip in a kayak... one way.


The spectacular Miles Canyon.  That actually is a pretty good representation of the colour of the water there.  Absolutely gorgeous.


On the way back from Miles Canyon we stopped at an overlook high above the river.  The bands of yellow are birch trees in their Fall attire.


Euphy approves of the scenery.

Okay, so that doesn't really catch me up for photos, but I hope it makes up for the absence of them over the last few days.  I'm still having issues getting them off the memory card, but I'll try to get that sorted.

We're all settled in at the Boreale Mountain Biking Lodge tonight, but unfortunately Euphy isn't feeling well.  I'm trying to type this out hunched over a small desk in an attempt to keep the light from being unobtrusive.  My intention was to follow this up immediately with a post about today's activities but I'm going to put that off until tomorrow and shut this operation down for today.  Time for us both to get some rest I think.  Hope you enjoyed my meagre offering of photos for now.  Be sure to check back in tomorrow for another update.

1 comment:

Jabbles said...

Thanks for the pictures. I hope Euphy is feeling better today.