Tuesday 2 February 2010

Dominican Photos!

Okay, at long last we get some photos from the Dominican Republic!  I always seem to end up posting the pictures AFTER I get back don't I?  Some techie I am, I always seem to find myself having technical difficulties while away.  One of these days I'll get it right.  I still don't like to travel without a laptop any more, but I don't think the one I've got right now will make it on many more vacations.  I need something with enough battery life that even if I run into outlet issues like I did on this trip that I could still get some blogging done on battery power.

Okay, enough whining about my laptop though.  It's photo time!  I'll start with some shots from around the resort.













































































That last one is kind of the iconic part of the Riu Bachata.  As the beach hits its Western terminus it sweeps up onto the cliff which juts out into the water.  They've built that little pavilion out at the end, presumably for weddings.  It's perfect for that because it's completely removed from the rest of the resort.  I did see some weddings taking place in the resort, but that could have been because the wind was coming in hard out of the North (I'm facing North while taking that picture) and so that area would be pretty exposed.

This next shot is of our fins, of which I'm very proud.

















Gray's fins are on the left, and my new ones are on the right.  Those new fins were really excellent, I wish I'd had more time to play around with them while we were there.

I did get to try them out here though.

















Paradise Island!  You can tell from the shot above just how tiny the island is.  You can tell from these next two where it gets its name.

































I took a couple of shots from the boat as we were leaving, although that was a bit nerve-wracking at times since we were really flying along the water.  There are times when I really should put the tether back on my camera.

















Here's one when we slowed down to get into one of the small inlets in the mangroves.

















Finally, here's some shots of our new buddies Steve and Trevor.  The first shot is Trevor and Graydyn, and the second is Steve and Graydyn.  Nobody is in any way drunk in either of these photos.

































Alright guys, you've got the cream of the crop in terms of photos.  I may post other, more specific ones if I decide to go into more details of a specific day.  Enjoy, and I'll talk to you all next week, if not sooner.

2 comments:

Jabbles said...

Cool pics can't wait to see all of them. Hopefully I can see period. I am currently at a LASIK MD office awaiting an assessment for laser eye surgery.
I think you will have better luck updating the blog at the Dragon, there is no cell service but WIFI is available at the lodge. I also picked up a digicam of my very own, so I will be able to add to the pics.

Aunt J. said...

Nobody's drunk in the photos?!? Ummm, interesting because didn't you mention something about you and Gray not feeling well during the trip?